Right at the buzzer before the 2022 NFL Draft, we unload one final 2022 NFL mock draft with full projections for the first round.
The 2022 NFL Draft is upon us and it could be one of the wildest nights in recent memories as it pertains to the draft. Between a weak quarterback class and a class that, overall, just doesn’t seem as widely loved as many others in recent years, things could get weird on Thursday night in the first round.
In all honesty, that starts with the first overall pick and the Jacksonville Jaguars. Once thought to for sure be taking Aidan Hutchinson out of Michigan, that has since shifted to Travon Walker, who has rocketed up draft boards. Yet, even that isn’t a certainty at this point in time.
So as we venture into a last-minute 2022 NFL mock draft for the full first round predictions, just know that we are probably going to be way off. That’s even more pertinent given that we aren’t worrying about trades — just the picks with where the teams are now.
With that in mind, let’s dive into our first-round projections at the buzzer before the draft with a final 2022 NFL mock draft.
2022 NFL mock draft: Last-minute first-round predictions
1. Jacksonville Jaguars: Travon Walker, EDGE, Georgia
2. Detroit Lions: Kayvon Thibodeaux, EDGE, Oregon
3. Houston Texans: Aidan Hutchinson, EDGE, Michigan
4. New York Jets: Derek Stingley Jr., CB, LSU
5. New York Giants: Ikem Ekwonu, OT, NC State
6 Carolina Panthers: Kenny Pickett, QB, Pittsburgh
7. New York Giants (from Bears): Ahmad “Sauce” Gardner, CB, Cincinnati
8. Atlanta Falcons: Jameson Williams, WR, Alabama
9. Seattle Seahawks (from Broncos): Charles Cross, OT, Mississippi State
10. New York Jets (from Seahawks): Jermaine Johnson, EDGE, Florida State
11. Washington Commanders: Garrett Wilson, WR, Ohio State
12. Minnesota Vikings: Trent McDuffie, CB, Washington
13. Houston Texans (from Browns): Evan Neal, OT, Alabama
14. Baltimore Ravens: Jordan Davis, IDL, Georgia
15. Philadelphia Eagles (from Dolphins): Drake London, WR, USC
16. New Orleans Saints (from Colts via Eagles): Trevor Penning, OT, Northern Iowa
17. Los Angeles Chargers: Lewis Cine, S, Georgia
18. Philadelphia (from Saints): Kaiir Elam, CB, Florida
19. New Orleans (from Eagles): Chris Olave, WR, Ohio State
20. Pittsburgh Steelers: Malik Willis, QB, Liberty
21. New England Patriots: Quay Walker, LB, Georgia
22. Green Bay Packers (from Raiders): Treylon Burks, WR, Arkansas
23. Arizona Cardinals: Devonte Wyatt, IDL, Georgia
24. Dallas Cowboys: Zion Johnson, IOL, Boston College
25. Buffalo Bills: Dax Hill, DB, Michigan
26. Tennessee Titans: Tyler Smith, OT, Tulsa
27. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Kenyon Green, IOL, Texas A&M
28. Green Bay Packers: George Karlaftis, EDGE, Purdue
29. Kansas City Chiefs (from 49ers via Dolphins): Jahan Dotson, WR, Penn State
30. Kansas City Chiefs: Andrew Booth Jr., CB, Clemson
31. Cincinnati Bengals: Bernhard Raimann, OT, Central Michigan
32. Detroit (from Rams): Desmond Ridder, QB
We’ve got some big surprises on the board here. Between Hutchinson slipping to No. 3, the Panthers going with a quarterback at No. 6 (and that quarterback being Kenny Pickett) and a slew of other selections, this would be a wild first round.
In this type of draft class, though, you have to try and forecast the calamity. This does that pretty darn well and we’ll see how close this is to the actual first 32 picks in the 2022 NFL Draft on Thursday night.